Van Gundy won’t reveal Pistons’ changes for tonight
Atlanta — Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said Thursday he was committed to sticking with this group of players and isn’t looking at a trade to try to get out of the current nosedive, with six losses in the last seven games.
That doesn’t mean he won’t try some different lineups, as he showed last week with moving Jon Leuer to the starting lineup.
There will be another switch Friday night against the Atlanta Hawks at Philips Arena.
Van Gundy said following Friday morning’s shootaround that he will not use the same starting five he’s used for the past three games: Reggie Jackson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Marcus Morris, Leuer and Andre Drummond.
But Van Gundy didn’t reveal what the change will be.
“I don’t change a lot but it’s not as big a deal to me, either,” Van Gundy said. “It’s just more going into this game and where we think we are. You’ll figure it out when it happens.”
The Pistons (15-19) could go back to their previous starting lineup, with Morris and Tobias Harris at the forward spots, but because of the recent skid, Van Gundy has said “everything is on the table” in terms of possibilities.