(Records through Wednesday's games)
1. Anaheim (32-10-6): Overwhelmed Vancouver on the road to begin second half. Last week: 1.
2. Nashville (31-10-5): The Predators' defense is as good as any in the league. Last week: 2.
3. St. Louis Blues (29-13-4): Can Martin Brodeur make a difference in the front office? Last week: 3.
4. New York Islanders (32-14-1): Dismantled the Rangers to begin the second half — very impressive. Last week: 4.
5. Detroit (28-11-9): Petr Mrazek has filled in tremendously for Jimmy Howard. Last week: 8.
6. New York Rangers (27-14-4): Coaching staff not pleased with ugly loss to Islanders. Last week: 5.
7. Montreal (30-13-3): Carey Price's name being mentioned for MVP — deservedly so. Last week: 9.
8. Chicago (30-16-2): Still could use a little more depth up front. Last week: 6.
9. Tampa Bay (30-15-4): Young team still unproven in the playoffs. Last week: 7.
10. Winnipeg (26-15-8): Andrew Ladd is one of the NHL's underrated best players. Last week: 10.
11. Pittsburgh (27-13-8): Acquiring Patric Hornqvist last summer was a shrewd move. Last week: 11.
12. Washington (25-14-9): Impressive victory over Penguins is another indication this team is rolling. Last week: 14.
13. Boston (25-16-7): Getting healthier, but expected to make one more move before the trade deadline. Last week: 12.
14. Los Angeles (21-15-12): Demoting Mike Richards to minors was the correct, but expensive, decision. Last week: 16.
15. Vancouver (26-17-3): Losing defenseman Kevin Bieksa will hurt on a lot of levels. Last week: 13.
16. Calgary (26-19-3): Could this bunch seriously somehow sneak into the playoffs? Last week: 15.
17. San Jose (25-17-6): Interesting team to watch at deadline. Do they rebuild or reload? Last week: 17.
18. Florida (20-15-10): Nice young team, but not ready to make a move upward in the standings. Last week: 18.
19. Columbus (21-22-3): Losing G Sergei Bobrovsky for a month smashes any playoff hopes. Last week: 20.
20. Dallas (21-19-7): Goaltending hasn't been as sharp as expected. Last week: 19.
21. Colorado (20-18-11): Jarome Iginla finally coming around offensively a little bit. Last week: 21.
22. Philadelphia (20-22-7): Have some veterans to unload at trade deadline if they're in position to do so. Last week: 24.
23. Minnesota (21-20-6): They paid a lot for forward Zach Parise two summers ago, but he may be worth it. Last week: 22.
24. Toronto (22-23-4): Nothing is going right for Maple Leafs, who are used to late season slides. Last week: 23.
25. New Jersey (18-22-8): Will Jaromir Jagr go anywhere next month at the trade deadline? Last week: 26.
26. Ottawa (19-18-9): Jason Spezza makes his return to Ottawa wearing a Dallas Stars sweater. Last week: 25.
27. Arizona (16-25-6): Goaltending, offense have been major disappointments. Last week: 27.
28. Carolina (17-25-5): Give coach Bill Peters credit, the Hurricanes aren't quitting at all. Last week: 28.
29. Edmonton (12-27-9): New coach Todd Nelson has straightened out this mess a bit. Last week: 29.
30. Buffalo (14-31-3): Incredibly, the Sabres really are worse than Edmonton. Last week: 30.